Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WIP WEDNESDAY - Betty Page

I meant to post this last week shortly after I'd posted the final artwork. Better late then never.


Here's the initial sketch, done in Painter 11 in a sepia tone.

Here I've set the sketch to multiply mode and put in a neutral background

Working the background

Here I've added a neutral flesh tone between the background and the sketch

Added a blue tone to the background


And I begin shading with a darker value of the flesh colour.


More shading


And here is the finished product again. pushed the shadows darker and added softer highlights,  did a lot of blending and added a yellow highlight to the right edge of the figure. Viola! Betty!




I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

No comments: