Tuesday, April 12, 2011

SKETCHBOOK TUESDAY - WARMING UP THE DRAWING MUSCLES





Sunday I was feeling kind of uninspired. I needed to recharge. So that evening I got out my sketchbook, which is a low-tech pad of paper and some old fashioned 2H pencils and I started working.


I managed to come up with several images that I will hopefully later resolve into full fledged paintings. But the point of it wasn't the results, it was the exercise. That's why these pages that I occasionally do are so important. It's like warming up your muscles before a sporting event (so I've been told by people who are far more athletic than I am). 


So the above page is kind of like artistic calisthenics. I empty my head and just start moving the pencil around and what comes out is what comes out. I try to fill up a whole page with anything, just to get the fingers working.




I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

No comments: