Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SNOW WARRIOR

I don't usually post works in progress, but I've posted so little the last little while. This is just a personal piece I'm doing in between assignments. I'm trying out different techniques.



Here is the underpainting that I've started with. I worked right overtop of a sketch that I scanned from my sketchbook.


Here I've added a colour layer overtop and done a quick colouring job. I'm not happy with these results and I am still working on the final piece which I will post in a couple of days when it's done.


As with most things like this where I'm deliberately trying to avoid falling back to my usual techniques it can be quite frustrating. But it's not the finished artwork that's important but the things you learn along the way.

I've been here and there. I've drawn a lot of pictures. I've written a bit, too. I'm not good at this self-promotion thing. Look, you want to know about me? just visit these websites. Okay?
www.mdjacksonart.weebly.com
http://mdjackson.deviantart.com
http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/mdjacksons%5Fportfolio

No comments: